FDP Handheld Radios
FDP Radios is a specialist communications company based in Queensland – handheld radios being our forte.
We are a registered independent radio supplier of Australian Standards compliant handheld 5W UHF two way radios (ACMA – N30090), that fill a niche area between consumer brand radios and high end priced commercial radios – radios which are also capable of being used by licensed ham operators on the 70cm band. Few approved handhelds can boast this.
Our service tends to be more personalised, covering needs that are generally not met with consumer brands, but also being affordable and cost effective for companies or service groups, as well as the individual that may have particular requirements, or who simply want a quality handheld radio that is just capable of more, at a better price.
All FDP radios are type approved to the LMRS (Land Mobile Radio Service), and except for the FDP DMR32 – to the CBRS (Citizen Band Radio Service) as well. LMRS requires a much higher technical specification than CB.
FDP radios have one of the most sensitive receivers (the ability to pick up weak signals) available in a handheld using DSP (digital signal processing), and in some cases nearly twice as sensitive as some other brands.
We have also developed our product line to help cater to the commercial sector and emergency services, by covering multiple tiers of operation in the one radio, at a price which is exceptionally good value. We are proud to be supplying our radios to the Special Comms Branch of Brisbane SES, CREST NSW, Alpine Search & Rescue Victoria, SEQUEST, various Army & Air Force Cadet Units, Flame Lily Adventures, The Summit, Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort and one of Australia Posts Mail Sorting Facilities. You can find our radios in New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu.
FDP radio’s Channel Alpha Tagging on LCD models (LCD Screen Channel ID/Name) makes for easy identification of special purpose channels. The FDP Pro also has a special software feature, where the distributor or approved agent can disable the Function Button, effectively locking the radio to software defined only, for simplified commercial use. The FDP Pro was chosen for the SAFENET programme as part of the Safe Night Precincts Initiative, in-part due to some of its special security features.
FDP is coming into its seventh year of supplying our handheld radios and accessories to the industry, and we continue to go from strength to strength. We are not one of those companies that intends to supersede models every couple of years, forcing you to re-purchase when items become no longer available. Our radios, accessories and spares will be here for many years to come, in-part simply due to the fact that there is nothing to upgrade too – as these radios are amongst the best in performance, size, features and price. We don’t work to the notion of planned redundancy.
Many of our retailers are also specialist in their field.
The FDP Advantage is:
- Full power radios. Our handheld radios are all full 5w’ers
- Super sensitive receivers – our radios have amongst the most sensitive receivers available on the Australian handheld market – this equates to improved receive range.
- Long battery life – our radios have the longest battery life of any Australian handheld radio when the battery save feature is activated. See FAQ
- Clear and clean audio on TX and RX.
- Consistency – we don’t work to the notion of planned redundancy.
- Simplicity – we don’t have dozens of different models all doing the same job. Our models are selected to do more specific applications, with features that matter most.
- Commercial quality at a very competitive pricing.
- Software programmed – your FDP dealer or agent can programme the radio to tailor more to your needs.
- Alpha Tagging – easy channel identification/naming on LCD models. The FDP DMR also allows Zone naming.
- Most of our radios have numbered keypads – this makes channel selection and/or function access quick & easy. In the FDP DMR it allows SMS messaging.
- Great back up service – we specialise in radios.